Food Adventure # 20 - Rabri Cheese Cake
Products: Hand Mixers, Food Adventure, Toaster Ovens
- 400gm Marie Biscuit, powdered
- 150ml Unsalted Butter, melted
For the Cheeseccake Mix
- 600gm Philadelphia Cheese
- 250gm Breakfast Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 5ml Vanilla Essence
For The Rabadi
- Milk, full cream
- 400gm Condensed Milk
- 1gm Saffron
- 250gm Mawa
- 3 Green Cardamom, crushed
- Almonds, flakes
- Pistachios, sliced
- First make the biscuit base for the cheesecake: mix the Marie biscuit and butter.
- Prepare the biscuit base in a stainless-steel cake ring. Keep in the fridge to set.
- Next, make the cheesecake mix. Take all the ingredients together. Mix it with the hand mixer. Pour over the prepared biscuit base. Pour the cheesecake only till 3/4th height of the cake ring. Steam bake the cheesecake in the large oven at 130 degrees Celsius for 90 minutes.
- When the cheesecake is done, take it out from the oven. Leave at room temperature to cool down.
- As cheesecake cools, prepare the rabdi.
- Put milk on medium heat along with cardamom and saffron. When the milk starts to boil, lower flame. Keep stirring.
- When milk is reduced to half, add mawa. Stir for another 10 minutes.
- When rabdi has thickened considerably, remove from flame. Add condensed milk. Stir properly.
- Pour rabdi over the cheesecake. Keep in the refrigerator for about 3-4 hours.
- When both the cheesecake and rabdi are chilled enough, demold the ring. Cut a slice of cheesecake, which already has a layer of rabdi on top.
- Serve with some fried almonds and pistachios and some extra rabdi on the side.