Horchata (Rice-Cinnamon Drink) for Aguas Frescas Blender
Course: Kid Friendly, Beverages
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Aguas Frescas Blender
- 1 cups long-grained white rice, soaked
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups non-fat milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon or to taste
- Preparation: Place the rice in a bowl and pour in enough boiling water to cover the rice. Cover bowl and place in refrigerator overnight, (6-8 hours). Strain the water from rice and rinse well.
1. Place the Strainer Basket into the blender jar and press firmly into place.
2. Place water, milk and soaked rice into blender.
3. Cover and blend until liquefied, about 1 minute.
4. Add sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Pulse until sugar is completely dissolved.
5. With lid and strainer basket in place, pour into ice-filled glass or pour into pitcher and chill.
Will last in the refrigerator for about 3-5 days. Shake well before using
Note: For blending in traditional blenders, blend until liquefied, then strain out pulp and seeds using a soup strainer into a pitcher.
This recipe was developed by Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc.