Ham and Swiss Strata
Course: Dressings, Sauces, Marinades
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Blenders
- 4 slices bread
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 slices ham, torn in pieces
Serves: 2 Tip:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Lay bread in dish, overlapping if necessary. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place eggs, milk, mustard, and pepper in blender jar and blend for 15 seconds.
- Add ham to blender jar and pulse 3 or 4 times or until chopped to desired consistency.
- Pour over bread and cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until set.
Purchase pre-shredded Swiss cheese to save time.
Egg substitute can be used in place of whole eggs. Generally, use 1/2 cup of egg substitute instead of 2 eggs. Check the egg substitute carton for the exact replacement amount.
for information about internal food temperatures.