Food Adventure # 33 - Espresso Creme Brûlée
Products: Hand Blenders, Food Adventure, Coffee Makers, Hand Mixers
- 250gm Cream
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 30gm Sugar
- 3.5gm or 2 leaves Gelatin
- 10ml Espresso
- 10ml Kahlua
- Soak gelatin for 10 minutes, or until it gets soft, in a bowl of ice water. Keep aside for later use.
- Warm cream on low heat, don’t boil it.
- Remove cream from heat and whisk in sugar and egg yolks. Reheat until the temperature rises to 84–86 degrees Celsius.
- Remove from heat.
- Now add espresso and kahlua.
- Drain gelatin, discarding all the water, and whisk it in the custard until mixed properly. Strain.
- Pour into individual ramekins/cups. Refrigerate until set without disturbing, for about 2 hours.
- When set, just before serving, drizzle sugar on each ramekin, blow-torch it and serve.