Food Adventure # 8 - Date And Fig Gratin With Rosemary Honey Ice Cream
Products: Toaster Ovens, Hand Mixers, Hand Blenders, Food Adventure
For Almond Cream
- 130gm Unsalted Butter
- 250gm Breakfast Sugar, ground
- 250gm Almond Powder, raw
- 200ml Fresh Cream
- 100ml Milk, full cream
- 10ml Vanilla Essence
For Marinated Figs
- 400gm Dried Figs
- 400gm Seedless Dried Dates
- 100gm Tea Granules
- 750ml Water
- 125gm Sugar
- 300gm Vanilla Ice Cream
- 50gm Dried Rosemary, finely chopped
- 50gm Honey
- Cream the butter and sugar together using the metal hand blender. Add almond powder and fresh cream. To adjust consistency, add milk
- Boil water along with tea granules and sugar. Add dried figs and dates. Cook till soft.
- Keep the figs and dates soaked in this water till further use.
- Put the almond cream in the bowl. Arrange the figs and dates over the almond cream. Bake in the large oven for 5–7 minutes or until there is a golden brown crust.
- For the ice cream, mix rosemary and honey in the Vanilla Ice Cream. Set overnight.
- Serve the Date and Fig Gratin with a scoop of Rosemary Honey Ice Cream.