- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the top of a double boiler, over simmering water, melt chocolate. Set aside and cool slightly.
- In a small mixing bowl, using whisks, beat egg whites stiff but not dry. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, on medium speed, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time. Combine flour and cocoa. Reduce to low speed, then add flour mixture to butter/egg mixture and mix until blended. Add chocolate and nuts and mix. On low speed add half of beaten egg whites to chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining whites by hand.
- Pour mixture into greased and flouredtube or bundt pan. Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
- The cake will not rise to the top of the pan. A crust will form on the top but the center will be moist.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes then turn out onto cooling rack. The cake will fall. Let cool completely then drizzle with glaze.
- To make glaze, combine chocolate and milk in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir occasionally until melted, then spoon over top of cake, letting glaze drip down sides.
8 Success Tip:
We recommend a nonmetal dish for marinating. Most marinades contain acidic ingredients, such as vinegar or lemon juice, which react with metal causing off flavors and possibly damaging the container. Substitution:
When bell peppers are at their peak, choose from a variety of vibrant colors--red, orange, yellow and green.