Chocolate Cream Mousse
Course: Kid Friendly, Desserts, Beverages
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Blenders
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) cream cheese, cut in cubes
- Put vanilla, sugar, and chips in blender jar.
- Heat milk to steaming.
- Pour milk into jar* and blend for 20 seconds. After 10 seconds add the cubes of cream cheese. Blend until well mixed.
- Pour into individual dessert or parfait glasses and refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
*When blending hot liquids, remove center-piece of two-piece lid. Hot liquids may push lid off jar during blending. To prevent possible burns; do not fill blender jar beyond the 3 cup (750 ml) level. With the protection of an oven mitt or thick towel, place on hand on top of lid. Keep exposed skin away from lid. Start blending at lowest speed. Serves: 4-6 Success Tip:
An easy way to heat the milk is to use a 1-cup glass measuring cup and heat in the microwave. Heat on medium (50%) power for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.