Course: Kid Friendly, Desserts
Products: Stand Mixers
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Stand Mixers
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Serves: 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- With flat beater, cream shortening and brown sugar on medium setting until blended.
- Add water, vanilla, and eggs and mix. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt and beat at a medium setting until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips on low setting.
- Drop tablespoons of dough on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes. Do not overcook.