Best-Ever Sugar Cookies
Course: Kid Friendly, Desserts
Products: Stand Mixers
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Stand Mixers
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
Serves: 4 Dozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg and set aside. Using flat paddle, cream butter on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to lowest setting. Add sugar, egg, and vanilla, mixing thoroughly. Gradually add dry ingredients and milk; continue mixing until thoroughly mixed.
- Form cookie dough into 1 1/2-inch (2.5 cm) diameter balls and arrange balls on ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten balls slightly with the bottom of a drinking glass.
- Bake in oven for 6 to 7 minutes or until lightly golden around edges. Cool on wire racks.