Apple Ginger Compote with Toasted Walnuts
Course: Heart Healthy, Desserts
Products: Slow Cookers
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Products: Food ProcessorsSlow Cookers
- 6 Granny Smith apples, cored, sliced in food processor
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup brown sugar substitute blend, such as Splenda®
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled, minced finely in food processor
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook for 3 hours on HIGH or 5 hours on LOW.
- Stir and remove cinnamon sticks before serving warm with Gingersnap Tortillas, if desired.
(Based on Individual Serving: 1 1/2 cups) • Calories 270 • Total Fat 7g • Saturated 0.5g • Cholesterol 0mg • Sodium 5mg • Carbohydrates 63g • Dietary Fiber 6g • Sugars 49g • Protein 3g