Course: Kid Friendly, Desserts
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Deep Fryer
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar for dusting
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until smooth. Fold in apples.
- Remove basket from fryer and heat oil to 375°F. Using a small ice cream scoop or a teaspoon, carefully drop batter into the preheated oil. Cook 8 or 10 at a time and turn for even browning on both sides. Cook 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and dust with confectioners sugar, if desired. Serve warm.