Food Adventure # 17 - Clay Pot Root Vegetables with Sticky Rice
Products: Rice Cookers, Food Adventure
- 80 Potato Diced
- 30 Onion Diced
- 20 Carrots Diced
- 30 Raddish Diced
- 20 Lotus Stem Peeled & Diced
- 12 Chinese Cabbages Diced
- 20 Pok Choy Roughly Cut Into Triangles
- 5 Garlic Clove Diced
- 5 Fresh Red Chilli Diced
- 2 Chopped Ginger
- 20 Mushroom Diced
- 10 Mushroom Oyster Sauce
- 20 Sesame Oil
- 10 Hoisin Sauce
- 3 Shitake Mushrooms Soaked and Julienne
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube(Knorr)
- 200 Water
- 5 Star Anis
- 125 Sticky Rice
- 2 Sugar
- Wash and soak the rice in a bowl for 20 minutes
- Blanch the diced vegetables like carrots , Lotus stem, potatoes, raddish and mushrooms.
- Heat the sesame oil in a Hamilton rice cooker. Put garlic , ginger, fresh red chilli and let it cook till golden brown and then add all the vegetables in it.
- Add water to it . Bring it to boil add vegetable broth cube, star anis,oyster sauce, hoisin sauce , soy sauce and salt.
- Add soaked rice to it and cook it for 40 minutes.
- Serve hot.