Food Adventure # 32 - Chocolate Eclair with Mango
Products: Hand Mixers, Hand Blenders, Food Adventure, Toaster Ovens
- 90gm Butter
- 160gm Water
- A pinch Salt
- 80gm Refined flour (Maida)
- 2 Eggs, large, slightly beaten
- 240gm Cream, chilled
- 60gm Sugar, powdered
- 10ml Vanilla Essence
- 15gm Cocoa Powder
- 120gm Icing Sugar (Confectioner’s Sugar)
- 250ml Mango Purée
- Place butter (60gm), water and salt in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, add flour. Remove from heat and beat well till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- When cool enough to touch, beat in the eggs with an electric beater (a little at a time, if not using an electric beater),
- till the mixture is light and fluffy. Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Rinse a plastic bag (or icing bag) with water. Fill the bag with the egg and flour mixture. Snip a 3/4"–1" hole in one corner.
- Take an un-greased baking tray and pipe out straight lines of about 3" length spaced an inch part.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30–40 minutes at 180 degree Celsius. Remove from oven.
- Pierce the side of the puff cases with a knife. (These will sink if not pierced.)
- Leave to cool.
- Whip cream, sugar and vanilla essence together till thick enough to be piped out.
- Mix icing ingredients (butter, icing sugar, cocoa powder) together over low heat, till well blended and smooth.
- When puff cases are cool, snip a cut into the top half, enough for an icing nozzle to be pushed in to fill it with cream.
- Slit the éclairs horizontally half way, till just short of the edge, so they stay joined.
- Pipe the cream into the cases with an icing gun or polythene bag.
- Coat the exposed part with the icing. Lastly, pour mango purée over it. Serve.